At Amity International School, we are passionate about our world of books. Reading is a gift, and if nurtured at an early stage, it will stay with us forever.
We have three individual libraries:
- For the Younger Years the junior library is in the FS Section.
- The Primary library is above the reception area of the main entrance.
- The Secondary library is accessed by a staircase in the Primary Library.
An exceptional music department
We aim to create an atmosphere where students feel welcome to join in all activities individually and collectively. While we aspire for the highest possible standards of performance, we also teach our students how to enjoy and make music together.
Our facilities include:
- 2 Large fully resourced classrooms housing: hand held percussion; tuned percussion; djembe drums; woodwind instruments; Yamaha digital piano; Yamaha upright piano; Drum Kit; Keyboards; Shure SM58 microphones; ukuleles; acoustic guitars; electric guitars; bass guitars and amplification
- 1 Large practice room with 24 Yamaha touch sensitive keyboards
- 3 Additional practice rooms with a beautiful Kawai upright piano
- 1 Dedicated music technology Apple Mac room with individual computer and midi-controller workstations
- An impressive auditorium with further practice rooms
Our sporting facilities are world-class
Physical education and sport
A positive physical education programme allows children to succeed in school and life. It empowers them with knowledge, values, skills and personal qualities. That’s why we place great emphasis on PE lessons.
We also firmly believe that competitive sport and ‘opportunities for all’ can co-exist in a busy school environment.
To achieve this, Amity boasts unrivaled access to enviable facilities including:
- A fully equipped Boat House
- The only 400m running track in an Abu Dhabi school
- 4G astro turf playing fields
- Full-sized indoor sports hall
- Olympic-sized swimming pool (50m)
- Outdoor tennis/netball courts
- Dance studio
Why is our 400m running track great?
- We’re able to build and develop track and field teams for different age groups.
- Other sports teams will use it to improve their speed, endurance and general fitness, which will reflect on their performance in their original sports such as football, basketball or swimming.
- Athletics clubs will be one of the main and termly presented clubs for children to join and learn about running events, sprinting or distance.
4G Astro turf playing fields
Our turf pitch is fitted with an excellent lighting system, which makes it safe and ideal for students to play football during the day or evening.
Our Olympic-sized swimming pool
Students are given access to the swimming pools during holidays and weekends, which is great for practicing and strengthening their swimming skills.
Participating in after-school sports activities at an indoor pool allows children to compete with their peers, teaching them how to be a team player and practice good sportsmanship.